1. Congregations using RJ Web Builder must be in good standing with the Union for Reform Judaism. If services to a congregation is suspended, the congregation will have 30 days to find a new host for the site before it is removed from the Union’s server.
2. An RJ Web-Builder site is the shared property of the Union for Reform Judaism and the congregation. All material on the site is copyrighted by both parties.
3. Congregations must abide by the policies and practices as outlined by the Union for Reform Judaism and Edge Web Hosting.
4. Use of the software, hosting of the site and access to the helpdesk are benefits of membership in the Union for Reform Judaism and are provided at no cost. Additional costs, such as the registration and maintenance of a unique domain name, are the responsibility of the congregation.
5. After consultation with the congregation, the Union for Reform Judaism’s web team will create at no cost a skeleton site (navigation menu, header graphic, blank pages) for the congregation, based on the information submitted. Any subsequent changes or redesigns will be charged to the congregation at the rate of $100 an hour.
6. The Union for Reform Judaism reserves the right to mandate the appearance of content pertaining to the mission and activities of the Reform Movement on RJ Web Builder sites.
1. Congregations will not post any objectionable material on their sites. The Union reserves the right to remove information that violates the policies that apply to Union publications and those set forth in the Edge Web Hosting Policy. (http://ww2.edgewebhosting.net/AUP.cfm)
Such material includes but is not limited to
- Posting or disseminating material which is unlawful, such as child pornography or obscene material.
- Disseminating material that violates the copyright or other intellectual property rights of others (This does not preclude linking to pages or other websites).
- Any fraudulent activities, including impersonating any person or entity.
- Providing contact information for any person without their permission.
2. Congregations may not sell ad space on RJ Web-Builder sites. Links to affiliate programs such as Barnes & Noble, Amazon, or scrip programs is permitted.
3. Congregations are prohibited from posting audio and video files on RJ Web-Builder sites, as well as any file exceeding 5 megabytes.
4. All Union-supplied content feeds must be denoted with a "From the Union" banner.
5. Webmaster must be subscribed to RJ Web, the listserv for webmasters of RJ Web Builder congregations, as this is the primary source of notification as to changes or issues involving RJ Web Builder software.
1. Webmasters must have access to a PC running Windows XP and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or 7, with a high-speed connection to the Internet.
2. Limit the number of font faces, colors and sizes. It is recommended that all text be in arial or verdana.
3. Avoid the use of large graphics on a page of text that can considerably delay downloading.
4. Avoid the use of blinking text and flashing images that many visitors find objectionable.
5. Avoid the use of background colors, which interfere with readability of text.
6. Reword text to avoid the use of "click here" and similar instructions.
7. Keep the amount of content on each page to a reasonable amount, so that visitors do not have to scroll more than one page down to see all content.
Once you have finished reading our Terms of Service, please check this box to confirm: By checking this box, you are confirming that you agree to our Terms and Policies.
To proceed, please help us identify your congregation by choosing your congregation's state
by selecting here